Chrystal is an Artist/Researcher and Co-Founder of Ixy Labs, a research and discussion series about private life in the time of A.I. She was born in Harbin (China) and is currently based between London (UK) and Shanghai (China).
She studied English at University of Cambridge, Photojournalism & Documentary Photography at London College of Communication, and worked as a Strategic Innovation Director in a media agency building innovation models for brands and running creative ideation workshops.
In 2016, she started The Mixed Couples Project, an ongoing portrait of couples in mixed racial/cultural relationships.
Chrystal believes in the free flow of methods and ideas across science, art, business to make sense of complexity. Her background is a combination of literature, photography, and innovation. Her work is an application of these things to topics that interest her.
- BA (Hons) English, University of Cambridge
- MA Photojournalism & Documentary Photography, London College of Communication
- The Guardian
- The Telegraph
- Neehao Magazine
- Digital Marketing Magazine
- The Mays XX
- ZINE 2010, Issue 3 (The Cambridge Student)
- Royal Photographic Society Contemporary Photography Journal